Join Our Volunteer Family
Our mission is to meet homeless people with a spirit of compassion, and a genuine desire to connect and create a feeling of belonging in our world today.
Under One Sky was founded on the principle that humanity is one large family. We are all connected, regardless of our nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexuality, or any other label.
What Do We Require From Our Volunteers?
Our ambition is to be a place where everyone can have the opportunity to volunteer. We believe in the power of community to solve social challenges.
Core to delivering our impact is teamwork. This means treating fellow teammates and homeless friends with dignity and respect, showing up and being on time, getting stuck in and working from a place of compassion.
Communication is key. Letting team leaders know in advance of any health related issues, delayed arrival to events and any concerns that arise during an event.
Safeguarding & Covid Regulations
- The safety and wellbeing of both volunteers and homeless friends are our number one priority.
- All our area teams consist of many very experienced volunteers who know the areas we work in well and have developed strong relationships with many of our homeless friends who live there.
- Each outreach event (Skywalk) is led by a team leader who has significant experience.
- All volunteers are required to acquaint themselves with our Safeguarding Policy before taking part in volunteering activities.
- Our way of operating is aligned with the Government’s Covid guidelines and updated to reflect guideline changes.